This guide will help you successfully set up the two-step authentication for Apple ID. This double authentication requires that when a user logs in from a new device, not only the password, but also a secondary security code will be requested.
The two - step authentication provides an additional security layer to improve data protection Apple ID and account iCloud .
Not all users will be willing to use the two - step authentication for Apple ID and iCloud, but it may be a good idea considering that both services contain very important data like emails, contacts, backups ...
How to configure the two-step authentication
You can change your two-step authentication from iCloud, iOS, or Mac OS X through the configuration section of iCloud. In this tutorial we will show how easy it is to follow the steps to set up the two-step authentication.
1. Open the Settings app and go to iPhone iCloud section.
2. Click on the Apple ID to access the account settings.
3. Select "Password and Security" and scroll down to the option of setting two - step authentication, immediately afterwards press "Continue" to proceed to the configuration.
4. Enter the phone number you want to add to the two - step verification, then press "Next" to receive a text message (or call) with an ID code.
5. Optional: Select "Add phone number" again and add an additional number to increase security. Can be your office number, your house number, the phone number of a family member, etc. Remember, this does not give you access to your data to anyone, since your Apple ID requires a password.
6. Finally, salt and settings you've already configured two - step authentication for your Apple ID on iPhone.