A group of analysts has published a detailed research report on the iPhone 7 before the presentation. The report summarizes a number of features to be included in the next line of smartphones from Apple.
It is believed to be many updates and other changes to the iPhone 7, except that the overall design is similar to the iPhone 6s. These are some of the features that are believed to be included in the iPhone 7:
- the new A10 chip, manufactured by TSMC that could reach 2.4-2,45 GHz, although Apple may drop a bit processor clock speed due to problems of consumption and temperatures would be added.
- Storage capacities of 32 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB would be included in the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. It is believed that the iPhone Plus 7 will include 3GB of RAM for the specific requirements of the dual-lens camera, while the iPhone 7 will stay with 2GB.
- Five color options, including variants in silver, gold and rose gold, with a "dark black" replacing the gray space. It will also offer a new color that analysts describe as a "bright piano black". Only the color pattern "black piano" will have a glossy finish.
- Improved water resistance IPX7 with technology, making the device resistant to splashes, showers and even brief immersion in water up to one meter deep.
- output mini headphone jack will be removed, replaced by EarPods with lightning connector.
- a camera module dual lens on the back of the iPhone 7 Plus will be included. Both lenses will be 12 megapixels, but will be a wide-angle camera with a higher pixel size and optical image stabilization.
- Possibly an update flash rear camera with four LEDs (for cold and hot mode) and a new ambient light sensor for better image quality is made.
- FeliCa NFC support for models sold in Japan.
These are some of the features that analysts believe may be included in the new generation of smartphones from Apple.