Apple company is always looking facilitate all things to users, and now with the Auto feature Unlock, have the opportunity to unlock your Mac using your Apple Watch, without typing a password, you should only use the device always in his wrist, ie, the feature ensures fast access to your Mac computer and completely secure.
Auto Unlock operation is quite interesting, because it uses Bluetooth proximity information to determine if the Apple Watch and the Mac are in conditions of mutual independence. But the first thing to do is to set Auto Unlock, and then learn to use it, fortunately, can learn to make these processes using the information then submit.
System requirements to use Auto Unlock to unlock your Mac using your Apple Watch
To use Auto Unlock, both the Mac, as Apple Watch and Apple ID, they must meet a number of requirements for the feature to work properly. The general requirements to be met are as follows:
- New equipment or mid-2013 or later Mac MacOS Sierra.
- Apple Watch with watchOS 3 or later.
- Having an iPhone 5 or more current models with iOS 10 installed.
- The Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch team have the same iCloud account.
- The Apple Watch should have a code for access.
- The user account on your Mac computer must have a password.
- Your Apple ID must use the verification code two factors, not two steps.
In case, your Mac computer was manufactured before 2013, unfortunately this will not be able to use the Auto Unlock feature. After verifying that it meets all the requirements should start with setting Auto Unlock.
Set Auto Unlock to unlock your Mac using your Apple Watch
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences, then you must enter the General Security section and Privacy
- This section must locate and mark the box labeled Allow your Apple Watch unlock the Mac, this option should be at the bottom of the list of options.
There is a possibility that a window where you will be prompted to create a password for your user account Mac, and will also be asked to enter a password for your Apple ID appears, must also be aware of your Apple Watch apart from your Mac, because the devices begin to associate using iCloud, and at the end will show a message saying on.