Sometimes we need to remove the entire contents of our device, either an iPad, an iPhone or, in the case of this article, an Apple Watch. No matter what the reasons that lead you to this are the reason usually by corrupted files or because you think selling your gadget, and restore is the best option.
This article will show you how to remove the entire contents of your Apple Watch, using which is included in the official application for iPhone option.
Delete all data from your Apple Watch
- We play Apple Watch on the home screen.
- When the application is opened, we played in the "My Clock".
- In this window, we touch the General option.
- Once on this tab, click on Reset.
- When the Erase screen, touch Erase All Content and Settings.
- A confirmation window warning us that if we continue, all our data will be deleted opens.
- We played Erase All Content and Settings.
- A second confirmation window appears. We shall repeat the above procedure.
- The process will begin and all our data and settings will be deleted from our Apple Watch.
- Our gadget will restart and a welcome screen appears.
- Now we touch Start Link to pair the iPhone with our smart watch. If you can not link the devices automatically, you can always do it manually.
- Restore your Apple Watch from a backup
If you want to restore all your data and settings back to your Apple Watch, you can do from your iPhone selecting the proper backup.
- Log in to your Apple account, and performs two - step verification on any of your devices.
- When the message saying your Apple Watch has been linked, tap "Restore from Backup".
- Touch the backup you are going to use.
- You accept the Terms and Conditions on the screen.
- When your Apple ID is displayed, tap Enter Password and write.
- The window "Two - Step Verification" is displayed, select the appropriate device and tap Send.
- Verification Code text appears on the device you have chosen. You display a four digit number to verify your account.
- Touch OK and enter the verification code.
- Different screens are displayed then explaining you how some of Apple services and how to enable or disable them .
- In the next window you will be prompted to create a password for your Apple Watch, to protect it from unauthorized access. If you do not want to put a password on your device, tap No Add-for password security, this option is not recommended-.
- When the screen Unlock iPhone Apple Watch display, you will see the window "Do you want to unlock Apple Watch with your iPhone?". Tap Yes or No as you choose.
- Now on your iPhone a window will tell you that your Apple Watch is synchronizing appears.
- Touch the Home button to exit the setup process. When finished, a screen will be displayed on our smart watch. From now you can use your device as you had before.
It is always good to know these options at first seem of little help. Whatever it is you're going to do with your Apple Watch, we hope this article has been helpful to return it to its factory state (or to restore a backup), as this option may appear to be somewhat hidden if you do not know where to look.
Did you find this information helpful? Leave your answer in the comments!