If you are a user of Skype and frequently use the application for iPhone or iPad, you can benefit from knowing how to limit the use of mobile data to prevent your data plan runs way too fast.
Fortunately, Skype comes with some settings that you can use to fine-tune the use of your data when you're not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you feel like saving data while using the Skype application, you have to dig into the settings application and start experimenting with data saving options.
How to limit the use of Skype data in iOS
To limit the amount of data used in Skype, follow these steps:
- Open the Skype application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the "My Data" tab and open the configuration preferences panel.
- Scroll down and tap on the video message download panel.
- Enable WiFi connection only
- Open the Settings app and go to the Cell Preferences panel.
- Scroll down until you see Skype and turn it off.