Although iOS 10 has included many new functions and features, there is still something that many users still throwing at fault: greater customization options. And among these options, you are missing a function to put a song ringtone is much easier.
The mobile operating system Apple offers a variety of ring tones from which you can choose, but many users who prefer to go a step further and customize it to your liking. To do this, they seek to put a small fragment of their favorite song, the sound or phrase of a character in their favorite movie ...
However, with iTunes you can put your favorite song ringtone on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in minutes. So if you have done with the new smartphone from Apple and you want the ringtone to be different from the ones that come predefined we invite you to continue reading, as we explain below the steps you have to follow to get it.
Customize the ringtone of your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with iTunes
Before you begin, say that this method we explain below is to create your own ringtone using iTunes 12, the latest version that currently exists, and is valid for both Mac and Windows. If you already have your computer ready we will see what are the steps you have to follow to create your own ringtone to put it on the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus:
- Open iTunes and go to the Music tab, where you have all your songs appear there.
- Select the song, click on it with the right mouse button and then click "Get Info."
- In this popup window that will open you click on the tab "Options". Here you will have to tick the boxes start and end, where you have to put in what minute and second want me to start and finish your tone. Remember that the maximum duration you should have is 30 seconds.
- Once done click OK. Now when you play this song just the fragment you have chosen will be played.
- Reselect the song (it will be marked in blue) and then go to File - Convert and then Create AAC version. You'll see that iTunes will automatically create a new AAC file by extracting the previously selected clip.
- Then back to the original song, press the right mouse button and select "Get Info." Uncheck the start and end boxes and press OK, so that the song will return to its original duration.
- Select the new song, drag it to the desktop and then return to iTunes to remove it . To do this you have to right click on it and choose the delete option.
- Close iTunes. Now, with the file that you now have on your desktop click the right mouse button on it, select "Get Info" and there change the extension to be .m4a by .m4r, which is leading the ringtones iPhone default .
- Open iTunes again and go to the tab Tone. This is at the top left of the screen in a small drop-down button that will default to Music. If it does not appear press "Edit menu" and activate it.
- Take the tone you just created and drag on iTunes Tones window. All that is left is to connect the iPhone and pass the tone to be able to use it.
- Click on the iPhone in the sidebar on the left and then click on Tones.
- Select the "Sync ringtones" option and click Apply. This way the ringtone will go to your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and you can use it to ring when you call.
- To put it, go to Settings - Sounds - Ring tone on your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. Here you will see the new ringtone you just created at the top of the list.
Although in this tutorial we have focused on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, it must be said that this method can also serve you if you have other previous models of the smartphone. We hope you have been helpful and that you can put your favorite songs as ringtone.