The vast majority of users who are not developers perform the Jailbreak your iPhone by using Cydia tweaks and basically to find, maintain and update these tweaks. However, the Jailbreak offers the user many more things besides the tweaks, and that its true power lies in offering unrestricted access to the file system iOS.
So if you are interested in knowing how to administer and manage files on your iOS device 9 with Jailbreak we invite you to keep reading. Here are five of the most interesting uses for iOS file managers.
Five ways to make the most of a file manager on iOS 9 with Jailbreak
First of all I must say that there are two main file manager with all the features available in Cydia: one of them is Filza File Manager and another iFile. Both managers are very good, but Filza stands out above iFile for several reasons, including that it is compatible with the Jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3 and that the frequency of updates is greater.
Manually install tweaks
Most of the time find some tweaks in Cydia repository, but sometimes the developer sends it directly for testing or perhaps want an earlier version that is no longer available in the repo. In that case you can use the file manager to manually install the tweak on the device.
To do this you have to follow the following steps:
- Open the file manager.
- Navigate through the file system to find the tweak you have previously downloaded. If you have sent via Airdrop or have downloaded from the Internet and then you open the file manager, this will be saved in / User / Documents.
- The tweak will be saved as a .deb file, a format used by Cydia. When you select it, an information screen will appear.
- Click the "Install" button on the top right of the screen and wait for the process to take place.
- You may have to restart the device later. On the other hand, once you installed the tweak should appear in the Cydia app in the "Installed" tab, where you can manage it .
Although there blockers content of Safari to block ads in this browser in Cydia you can find some very powerful and effective tweaks, both for the web and for some ads that appear in applications. Through the file manager on your iPhone with Jailbreak you can also block the ads in a very simple way.
- Open File Manager and navigate to / Applications.
- Locate the item named AdSheet.app, which controls Apple iAds. Select it and click on the rename option.
- Edit the file name by changing the extension .bak .app, so that it is as AdSheet.bak and accept change.
- Navigate to / User / Library / Caches and delete the entire folder named "com.apple.iad".
- Restart the iPhone and go, you can enjoy your free iAd device.
- Open and manipulate files that are not normally supported by iOS
There are many file formats that are not supported or have limited iOS support, as they can only be opened with certain applications. However, thanks to file managers available on Jailbreak for iOS 9 is possible to open and manipulate these files without problem.
Investigate the file system for threats
Many malwares iOS are behind trace files that are normally undetectable if not access the file system. Using a file manager can find these files, determine if your device has been infected, and sometimes easily remove .
Modify the UI of your device
Sometimes a single tweak is not necessary to customize the look of your device as you would like. However, the proper effect often can be achieved by editing some system files. For example, you may be able to delete the text "Enter access code" in the lock screen or the text "Slide to turn off", among other things.
As you can see, file managers available on iOS Jailbreak 9 allow you to do many actions that can be of great use. Do you know anything else that can be done with these file managers in iOS? If so, do not hesitate to share it with us and the rest of readers in the comments.
Via | iDownloadBlog