If you are a regular user of Snapchat and have always wanted to put a song in the background of a video, we 'll show you how to do it. Adding music to your snaps offers a great way to add more personality to your Snapchat stories and videos.
We'll show you how to add music to your snaps, it can be any track played from any application on your device.
Add music to Snapchat videos
Basically what you do is play a song, video or other music source, while recording a snap at the same time. This is easily accomplished with the help of the control center.
Here we will provide you with the steps to take to achieve the task.
- Open the music application, Spotify, or anything else you use to listen to music and start playing a song. Turn up the volume for best results.
- Open the Snapchat app
- Now press down on the bottom of the screen to open the control center and press the play button on the music screen of the control center to start playing the song again
- Swipe down to hide the Control Center
- Record your Snap within Snapchat as usual
- Post the Snapchat in your story or send it to a friend
If you followed the steps to the letter, now the snap has background music.
This works with any of the major music applications, either Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube you have the ability to play tracks in the background on iOS.
This is an interesting way to differentiate yourself in Snapchat, adding your favorite songs to your snaps so you can post them in your story or share them with your friends.