You might encounter a small problem with the email app, because it has stopped showing attachments after upgrading to Mac OS Sierra, despite not having manually removed them. In addition, existing emails with their attachments may appear as if they do not have attachments.
While, at a glance the disappearance of attachments in the mails can be alarming, this can usually be solved by a few simple steps.
While this tutorial is intended to resolve the disappearance of attachments in the MacOS Sierra mail app, it may also work with other versions of Mac OS where you have to deal with the same problem.
How to fix the disappearance of attachments in the mail app on Mac OS
This brief tutorial should work to reveal any missing attachments in the Mac Mail application. If you are not sure what you are doing, we advise you to back up your Mac before starting this process.
- Open the mail application on Mac OS
- Scroll down the "Mailbox" menu and select the "Rebuild" option at the bottom. Letting mailboxes rebuild, this can take a while
- Then go to the "Mail" menu and choose "preferences"
- Select "Accounts" and click on the email account where the mail attachments have disappeared.
- In the 'account information' tab, display the menu next to 'Download attachments' and choose 'All'
- Close the preferences panel and open an email with an attachment, it should be visible again.
Did this tutorial work for you ?, do you know another way to do it? Please let us know in the comments section.