A few days ago several hackers warned that if we were interested in the jailbreak we should not upgrade beyond 10.1.1 iOS since iOS 10.2 fixes some bugs that hinder the task.
Luckily, Apple is still still signing iOS 10.1.1, so if you have upgraded to iOS 10.2 you can go back to iOS 10.1.1 without any problems after performing these simple steps.
- The first thing you have to do is install the latest version of iTunes.
- The second step is to download the IOS version 10.1.1 that corresponds to your device.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB.
- Now, it is necessary for your device to go into recovery mode.
- To do this, you must leave pressed the home button and the power button until the iTunes logo appears on the device.
Once done, you must press ALT (Shift in Windows), and click Restore iPhone. A dialog box will appear asking for an .ipsw. Select the one you downloaded previously from iOS 10.1.1.
- You wait for the process to end and you'll be back in iOS 10.1.1 as if nothing had happened.
- Note: By following these steps all data on your device will be deleted.
- You see, we have a fairly quick and easy to perform process, so how I said, if you are interested in the jailbreak do not hesitate to do it much earlier.