Health application iPhone is mainly used to carry out monitoring of health and physical activity. However, it has a feature that may go unnoticed for users, which is called "Medical data".
It is a medical identification ID or a kind of card that you will find all your important data regarding your health and several contact numbers that should be called in case of emergency. This function goes quite unnoticed by most users, but the truth is that it does not hurt to have it properly configured and updated, because you never know if you can help and get you out of trouble if you suffer a medical emergency.
So if you did not know this function we invite you to keep reading, because then we tell you how you can configure your Emergency Medical ID of Health app on your iPhone. Let's go there!
Set up the Medical Data card in the Health app on your iPhone
The medical identification can display data as the name iPhone owner, date of birth, medical conditions, medical notes, relatives to contact in case of emergency, blood group, if organ donor or not, weight, height and other Series of details. The steps to follow to set up your medical ID are as follows:
- First open the Health app on the iPhone and click on the "medical data" in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Fill in the data that are most important. Remember that the more information you provide the better, none of the data included in this medical identification will be shared in the Health app data or other applications. This information is visible only in the Medical Data pane.
- When you finish filling in all the data click on "Done".
Now that you have filled out your Medical ID card you can see what it looks like when you access it from the lock screen to see if you agree with the information you see. The main function of this card is that you can access it from the lock screen even without knowing the unlock code, so that in case of emergency consult and help anyone:
Fill the card Medical data included in the Health app iPhone is totally optional, but highly recommended. Since we do not want anything to happen to us, but we never know what can happen and if someday we will find ourselves in an emergency situation.
- From the lock screen iPhone where the keyboard appears to enter the lock code , click on "SOS" in the lower left corner.
- A new keypad will then appear for emergency calls. You must click on Medical Data, located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Ready! ID card with medical data owner iPhone is displayed on the screen as well as the contacts you can call in case of emergency.
Via | OSXDaily