While the jailbreak for iOS 10.1.1 is currently in beta and only supports a certain subset of devices, developers still work for a new jailbreak tweaks aimed at iOS 10 and update their latest jailbreak tweaks to support the latest version.
Ryan Petrich is the latest to join this group after releasing updated versions of Activator, FlipSwitch and FlipControlCenter in their beta repository with iOS 10 preliminary support .
Not all Activator functions are fully supported on iOS 10 yet. In this update of Activator, only basic support for iOS 10 has been added, which translates to an essential functionality of Activator in iOS 10 jailbreak, but some of the features of the tweak have been disabled for security reasons.
FlipSwitch and FlipControlCenter, on the other hand, not only now support full iOS 10, but FlipSwitch also has a new primary color API that jailbreak developers can take advantage of, which best fits the updated look of the center interface Which was introduced in iOS 10.
- All these betas are available in Ryan Petrich's beta repository, which if you have not added it in Cydia, you can add it by following these steps:
- Open the Cydia application and go to the fonts tab.
- Click the "Edit" button and then click the "Add" button.
- In the text field of the popup window that appears, type the following repository URL: http://rpetri.ch/repo/
- Press the "Add Source" button and wait for the repository to load into Cydia.After you add the beta repository, the updated versions of Activator, FlipSwitch, and FlipControlCenter should be the following:
- Activator 1.9.11 ~ beta3 or later
- FlipSwitch 1.0.15 ~ beta1 or higher
- FlipControlCenter 1.0.4 ~ beta1 or higher
It is still not recommended that any iOS 10.1.1 user proceed to jailbreaking, as it remains in beta and is not completely stable. It is actually only recommended for developers who know what they are doing right now.