If you are Twitter user and you always look for things in your timeline and you want to see only what interests you, you might like a new tweak jailbreak called TweetMuter.
This tweak uses the existing word squelch feature in the Twitter application, a feature that normally only applies to the notifications tab; But TweetMuter extends this functionality to the timeline so you do not have to silence people completely, nor will you have to stop following people to stop seeing just certain things.
The tweak works great for a lot of things, such as removing timeline offensive tweets, as well as helping to clear the timeline of spam and other unwanted updates.
The operation is simple, when you are ready to silence a word or phrase from your Twitter timeline completely, follow these steps:
- Go to the application settings on Twitter
- Open the notification preferences panel
- Open the silenced word preference panel
- Tap the + button Add silenced word or phrase
- Enter a word you want to add to the filter, then click the blue "Done" button