Just a few days ago Apple secretly updated the firmware of its AirPods , going from version 3.3.1 to version 3.5.1. This move surprised so much that many users even did not even know the AirPods were able to receive updates.
As it is the first time something like this has happened, we wanted to make things easier with a guide to update the AirPods firmware .
Reviewing and updating your AirPods is quite simple once you understand the procedure. But as usual, Apple has not told us how to do it ...
How to update your AirPods
1. Access Settings> Information on your iPhone / iPad.
2. Once here you will need to have your AirPods nearby and open your case. The connectivity and status window will appear, but you can hide it and continue on the settings screen.
3. Click on the "AirPods" option in the information list of the Settings application, located at the bottom.
4. In this new section you can check all the details about your AirPods from your iPhone, including the model number, the serial number, the hardware version and the firmware version.
5. Finally, update the firmware of your AirPods.
Apple released version 3.5.1 of the AirPods with performance improvements and some minor bug fixes. It appears that Apple will update its new toy automatically, as long as the AirPods are connected and paired with the iPhone / iPad .
If, for any reason, the update is not performed, you can use this procedure to do it manually. It's very simple!
Finally, we recommend you take a look at the following video which explains in detail how to check the status and update the Apple AirPods firmware . What do you think about AirPods now that they have been in the market for a while? Have you ever lost them? What do you think about its sound quality? And what about Siri?