The modems of the iPhone of 2018 are a thing of Intel - CYDIAPLUS.com

Breaking

Monday, 5 February 2018

The modems of the iPhone of 2018 are a thing of Intel



Ming-Chi Kuo has talked again, and this time does not launch any forecast on the three iPhone models that will be this 2018 in stores , but a specific part of them and that is what allows you to connect the device to the Internet, the modem.

And it is that the manufacturer Intel seems to be the one who is going to take the cat to the water of exclusivity, in such a way that it will manufacture one hundred percent of the modems of these devices by the year 2018. Ming-Chi Kuo expresses it of the following shape:

"We expect Intel to be the exclusive provider of the baseband chip for the new iPhone models, while Qualcomm will not get any orders at all . "

And is that the initial forecast was Intel was responsible for the manufacture of 70 percent of these guys, leaving Qualcomm the remaining 30 percent . Now the forecasts are different and the second manufacturer would be left out of the game. Something that is not surprising with the battle that Asians have fought with Apple.

Qualcomm, if it finally stays out of business with Apple, would try to find alliances to work with Chinese manufacturers and supply their products , although the analyst thinks that in China would not like a market monopolized by a single company, so He glimpses an uncertain horizon.

And that the Intel XMM 7560 modem is compatible with the 4 × 4 MIMO technology , compared to the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, which mount two MIMO 2 × 2 antennas . And in addition to this, a new design in the antenna would make possible a much higher speed.


And not only this, the new Intel modem would have GSM and CDMA support , which would make things easier for Apple with the North American carriers, so the good bye of those from Cupertino to Qualcomm could be definitive.

Via | macrumors 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email