Neither Samsung can prevent 2018 iPhones from being cheaper - CYDIAPLUS.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, 24 April 2018

Neither Samsung can prevent 2018 iPhones from being cheaper



After paying an exorbitant amount of money to Samsung for the 5.8-inch OLED panels for the iPhone X , Apple wants the South Korean company to lower the price.

In this way, Apple would be able to lower the final cost of its new iPhone of 2018 . And is that the sales of the iPhone X have not gone as well as expected.

Apple paid about $ 110 for each OLED panel on the iPhone X. Undoubtedly, it is one of the most expensive components of the terminal and has played a very important role in the final price of more than 1,000 euros.


Will Samsung give in to Apple's request?


Apparently, Apple wants Samsung to lower the price of each panel from 110 to 100 dollars . The request of Apple does not surprise anyone, the company of the bitten apple tries to reduce the price of its terminals to improve sales.

Apple is planning to buy 100 million OLED panels from Samsung this year. But it will not be the only company that supplies these components, LG could also manufacture OLED for Apple . It is rumored that LG could supply between 70 million and 120 million OLED panels.


A large part of OLED panel supplies (estimates indicate 25%) will go to the current iPhone X's manufacturing. While the remaining 75% of the production of OLED panels will be destined to the new iPhone that Apple plans to present during this year 2018.

    "... the remaining 75 million panels will be used in the next generation of OLED models that will be launched in 2018 - one with a 5.8-inch screen and a 6.5-inch screen."

If LG still has difficulties with the manufacture of OLED panels, Apple must resign with Samsung. But if LG enters the supply chain finally, Samsung will be the company that must yield to the request of cost reduction . What is clear is that Apple is looking for the 2018 iPhone will be cheaper.

Via | iPhone Hacks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad